Had a blast guest DJ’ing on CD101 here in Columbus last Friday. I admit, I was quite nervous having never been on the radio before, but stammered and ‘umm’-ed my way through it; helped out tremendously by local icon Brian Phillips – a great guy with impeccable musical taste.
I can hear the concerns from my regular readers, ‘but Mike, I thought you were a writer, why would you go on the radio? Writers are all supposed to be introverted agoraphobic a-holes!’. Well friend, I am an a-hole, who dabbles in everything. I roam about (website namesake!). Music has always been an inspiration in everything I do, so I decided to try to get on CD101 to share some of my favorite tunes on the radio. It worked.
I regularly post travel playlists, so please, check back often/follow me even, and I promise to dig up some amazing tunes. Let me know if you have some suggestions for me – always looking for new tunes/bands.
[*Edited 4/9 – 9:42pm – Unfortunately, I’ve had to take down the MP3 of my radio hour due to government regulations/restrictions. A couple of medium sized ninjas broke through my windows this evening, threatening to destroy my cat if I didn’t comply. Damn the man. I can post a Mike-free version of the hour very soon.]
Playlist Part 1
1. Washed Out – Feel it All Around
2. Man Man – Bangkok Necktie
3. Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti – Round and Round
4. Future Dancing – Save the City
5. Budos Band – Unbroken, Unshaven
6. Pinback – True North
7. The Extraordinaires – Patent Pending
3. Dr. Dog – Old Days
6. The Black Keys – Lonely Boy
9. O’Death – Bugs
10. David Bowie – Cat People (Putting out the Fire)
12. Magnetic Fields – I Don’t Believe You
13. Supergrass – Low C